The LQP colloquium aims at communicating and promoting outstanding research in the context of local quantum physics, within the LQP community and beyond. The colloquium is held as a webinar and is intended to take place bi-annually.
The next event is takes place November 24, 2021, 5pm CET (4pm UTC):
Hirosi Ooguri (Caltech & Kavli IPMU): Symmetry in QFT and Gravity
Abstract: I will review aspects of symmetry in quantum field theory and combine them with the AdS/CFT correspondence to derive constraints on symmetry in quantum gravity. The quantum gravity constraints to be discussed include the no-go theorem on global symmetry, the completeness of gauge charges, and the decomposition of high energy states into gauge group representations.
Login details for the talk will be distributed via newsletter (follow the link to subscribe).
Past events are available on our youtube channel.
Past events in the series:
- March 17, 2021: Horacio Casini (Bariloche Atomic Centre): Entanglement entropy and the renormalization group flow
- Sep 16, 2020: Klaus Fredenhagen (U Hamburg): Local covariance and dynamics in algebraic quantum field theory
- S. Hollands (U. Leipzig & MPI-MiS)
- Y. Kawahigashi (U. Tokyo)
- G. Lechner (FAU Erlangen)
- R. Longo (Roma II)
- K.-H. Rehren (U. Göttingen)
Contact: J. Zahn (U. Leipzig)